Event Phone: (855) 265-7700
The Anti-Money Laundering Training Academy
AMLtrainer.com/training/ | Ph: (855) 265-7700 | Email: email@example.com
Limited tickets available! Select tickets below to reserve your seats.
Live Streaming AML Class
January 14, 2019 10:00 am – 6:00 pm EST
Seminar Description: Attendees receive a full days live comprehensive training with an AML master trainer. “From Capone To Compliance” seminars fully engage attendees in active participation to create a more dynamic learning environment and elevate retention and understanding of material. Along the way we’ll use several group exercises to reinforce information retention through application. Attendees receive AML training Certificates of Completion and eligible attendees receive ACAMS credits.
Objective: Participants to understand AML regulations, policies, and procedures that apply to financial institutions, businesses, and law enforcement. Attendees will engage in a Money Laundering “ride along” taking them from beginning to end starting with the bad guys’ perspective on how criminals abuse the financial system to the various lines of defense that financial institutions provide via their sound quality AML programs. We’ll emphasize the SAR process and narrative writing skills. We’ll finish with how and why information is shared with law enforcement and what law enforcement does with the information. Finally we’ll reverse engineer the process to indicate why actions taken on the back end are influenced by the AML policy and procedures from the beginning of a relationship.
To register: select your tickets below at https://amltrainer.com/events/live-virtual-online-jan-14-2019/, phone 855-265-7700, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earn ACAMS credits.
Advanced Preparation: None
Who Should Attend: AML professionals requiring mandated training; individuals wanting to transition into an AML profession; individuals seeking certification credits.
Delivery Method: Group Live Online
“From Capone To Compliance”
Anti-Money Laundering Essentials Training Seminars
Prohibition and the Early Days – 10:00-10:30 am EST
- Origin of money laundering
- The fundamentals of money laundering
- Predicate crimes and organized criminal activity
- Why money laundering matters
- Profiling various classic money laundering methods
- Bulk Cash Smuggling
- Front Companies
- Wire Transfers
- Cash Intensive Businesses
Break 10:30-10:45 am EST
The Laws & Guidance – 10:45-12:15 pm EST
- The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs)
- Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- The US Patriot Act
- International Efforts
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- Financial Intelligence Units (FIU’s)
Lunch – 12:15-01:15 pm EST
Common Red Flags of Money Laundering – 01:15-01:45 pm EST
Breakout Workshop “You Are the Money Launderer” – 01:45-2:45 pm EST
- Develop participants understanding of money laundering processes through the eyes of a bad guy
- Strengthen participants understanding of how AML policies and procedures combat money laundering once they recognize how criminals abuse the system
- Increase participants ability to identify money laundering and reduce risk within their institutions.
- Real World Application: Review how financial institutions are able to detect red flags and/or develop rules to assist in the risk assessment process.
Break – 2:45-3:15 pm EST
Anti-Money Laundering Programs – 3:15-4:30 pm EST
Keeping the disease of dirty money out of your institution. Understand why and how a quality AML program should operate. For law enforcement, knowing basic bank procedures to help put the pieces of the puzzle together, track the suspect’s movements, and follow the money.
- A Risk Based Approach
- Risk Appetite
- Customer Onboarding
- Accepting Risk
- Creating a Risk Matrix
- Outline the value of the risk assessment circle and its relationship to law enforcement.
- Risk Appetite
- Developing an AML Program
- The Five Pillars of a Quality AML program
- Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Recognizing Unusual Behavior
- Transaction Monitoring
- Flagging Scenarios
- Monitoring Process
- Documenting & Reporting
- Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) Best Practices
- Recognizing Unusual Behavior
- Writing a Quality Narrative
- The Handoff to Authorities
- After the SAR
Research and Investigate – 4:30-5:45 pm EST
- Tabletop Detective – Steps to Through Due Diligence By Checking the Validity, Qualifications and/or Track Record of a Subject or Entity
- Open Source Intelligence
- Attendees will flex their problem solving muscles and develop their AML analytical skill set to become more effective in their role combating money laundering and reducing risk within their institutions or agencies.
- Maximizing the Value of Know Your Customer(KYC) and Customer Identification Program (CIP) policies and procedures.
- Transaction Monitoring – Developing Employee Recognition of Red Flags
- The pieces of the puzzle come together
- Qualities of a Good Investigator
- Basic Procedures
- Law Enforcement & Financial Institutions
Wrapup – 5:45-6:00 pm EST
Refunds and Cancellations: Requests for refunds must be received in writing by the seminar date and will be subject to a cancellation fee. No refunds will be granted after the seminar date. For more information regarding refunds and/or program cancellation policies please contact our offices at 855-265-7700, or email email@example.com.
Join this money laundering “ride along”! Receive a 360 degree view of the money laundering cycle from a leading AML industry insider starting with how bad guys’ integrate illicit funds into the economy bypassing the various lines of defense provided by financial institutions, the business sector, law enforcement, and regulators. We’ll identify best practice AML policies and procedures and how to improve areas of vulnerability in order to combat money laundering. We’ll emphasize risk identification and the SAR process including how to write a proper narrative. We’ll finish with how and why information is shared with law enforcement and what law enforcement does with the information. Finally we’ll reverse engineer the process to indicate why actions taken on the back end are influenced by the AML policy and procedures from the beginning of a relationship.
Click calendar icon to update your schedule!
- Live Streaming AML Class
January 14, 2020
10:00 am - 6:00 pm