Live Webinar Mar 19, 2021 11am – 07pm EST
Additional training dates here.
“Follow the money” with retired New York State Police Money Laundering Investigator, Kevin Sullivan, CAMS, as your guide. Get an aerial view of how the interlocking processes, regulations, policies, and procedures of financial institutions, businesses, government agencies, law enforcement, regulators, etc work in tandem to impact and influence money laundering and money laundering investigations. This big picture view offers insight into the importance of your organization’s AML policies and procedures and provides clarity on how that reduces risk to your organization and the global economy. We’ll begin with an in depth look at a risk based approach to AML. We’ll highlight key regulations of the Patriot Act along with International Benchmarks. On the flip side we’ll identify advanced money laundering techniques AML professionals must learn to identify. We’ll provide tips on building a culture of compliance within your organization in order to reduce risk. We’ll promote that culture of compliance through application of best practice guidelines of procedures such as due diligence, transaction monitoring, and reporting. We’ll emphasize the impact and influence AML programs have on internal and external investigative units and discuss the tools and techniques of those units. We’ll finish with how AML information is accessed and utilized by law enforcement to work in tandem with institutions in the prevention of financial crimes and terrorist activity. Attendees receive AML training Certificates of Completion and eligible attendees receive ACAMS credits.
The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Training Academy courses provide specialized AML training to all industries, agencies, and governments who are the front line gatekeepers of our global economy. Our courses deliver the annual training requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act through targeted training from a 30 year AML veteran covering AML regulations and best practice policies and procedures.
Who Should Attend:
Institutions or individuals wanting to enhance the performance of their AML programs
Institutions or individuals seeking to improve their AML knowledge and the application of AML policies and procedures
AML professionals requiring mandated training
Individuals wanting to transition into an AML profession
Individuals seeking certification credits.
Delivery Method: Group Live Online
Prerequisites: Essential understanding of AML and prior AML training are recommended. “From Capone to Compliance – Essential AML Training” seminars fulfill this recommendation. Register for recommended prerequisites for recommended prerequisites at AMLtrainer.com/events, phone 855-265-7700, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Preparation: None
Refunds and Cancellations: Due to limited seating please submit cancellation requests at least 3 days before the scheduled class. To be eligible for a refund or full credit toward a future class the cancellation must be received 3 days prior to the event by email at email@example.com. Cancellations received 3-1 day(s) prior to the event are eligible to receive full credit toward a future class but are not eligible for a refund. All credits must be used within 90 days. All other cancellations or refund requests are not eligible for refunds or credits. All cancellations are subject to a $30 cancellation fee.
In the unlikely event The AML Training Academy must cancel or reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances all registered students will receive a full refund or enrollment in an alternate course of equal tuition whichever is the registered student’s preference.
- Detailing the Deployment of A Risk Based Approach
- Risk Assessment
- Types of Risk
- Levels of Risk
- Specific Risk
- Politically Exposed Persons (PEPS)
- Private Banking
- Correspondent Banking
Patriot Act and International Benchmarks
- Addressing Financial Crime Associated with Money Laundering and Terrorism
Case Studies & Regulatory Actions
- Engage your AML analytical skill set. Strengthen your ability to recognize the 3 W’s, “What Went Wrong”, recognize money laundering methods, identify their financial institution’s vulnerabilities, identify money laundering signals, and understand potential regulatory actions and/or law enforcement engagement.
- Provide attendees with a road map on how they can best fulfill their role in a quality AML program by informing them of the chain of procedures used by other AML professionals such as regulators and law enforcement. This process provides professionals with an understanding of the mechanisms of an AML program better equipping individuals in the application of their AML responsibilities.
- Real World Application: The AML Training Academy instructor will provide insight on the case studies drawing from his years of experience as a New York State Police Investigator and cross designated federal agent assigned to the position of NY state money laundering coordinator. As NY state’s money laundering coordinator he acted as a liaison between law enforcement and financial institutions. With this unique insight he will impart a first hand account of what law enforcement is looking for from financial institutions and how law enforcement and financial institutions work together to fill their common AML goal.
Progressive Money Laundering Methods
- Trade Based Money Laundering
- Trade Price Manipulation
- Black Market Peso Exchange
Culture of Compliance
- Creating The Culture of Compliance
Case Studies – Regulatory Actions on Individuals
Financial Intelligence Units
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD)
- Fifth Pillar – Beneficial Ownership
- Shelf vs. Shell Companies
Case Study – The Panama Papers
- After the Alert
- NYS DFS 504
- Monitoring & Filtering your TM Program
Investigating Financial Crimes
- Identifying common investigative techniques
- Investigators Tool Box
- Investigators mind set
- Gathering and analyzing financial evidence
- Drawing appropriate conclusions based on the facts
- Open source intelligence
- Investigators mind set
Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR)
- In depth study on the SAR process and how it weaves its way through on boarding, CDD, transaction monitoring, and SAR development. We’ll finish with how and why information is shared with law enforcement and regulators, what law enforcement and regulators do with that information, and why those methods affect AML policy and procedures.The Escalation Process
- Complete and Thorough SAR
- Quality Narrative Writing
- SAR / No SAR Logs
- Post SAR Decisions
- After the SAR
Coordination Of Financial Institutions And Law Enforcement
- Financial Institution contact with Law Enforcement
- Meetings with Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Requests
- Subpoenas / Search Warrants / National Security Letters
- Patriot Act 314 – Communicating with financial institutions and law enforcement
Wrap up – Questions and Answers
Live Webinar Mar 19, 2021 11am – 07pm EST
|Registration Type||Tuition||*Early Bird Special|
|Group (3 or more)||$449||$399|
*Early bird specials available until 30 days prior to course date
Out of stock